1:57.6 - $325,742. Chestnut Horse foaled 2007. 16 Hands
Peak is a Group One winner in both hemispheres.
Peak brings some International flair to the Alabar roster. Born in Denmark, his father is French, his mother is Danish and her father is American. He raced around Europe and scored his greatest success in the Group 1 Danish Trav-Derby in Denmark as a 4yo. He then scored another Group One win, this time in New Zealand in the NZ Trotting Free-For-All.
Anthony Butt described Peak as: “The most clean gaited trotter I have ever driven. The perfect trotter – speed, gait, heart and manners. When I ask him to go he goes – and keeps going.”
Tim Butt is equally taken with him: “He’s such a beautiful horse with a massive heart and superb attitude. He has an unbelievable gait – far superior to any other trotter I’ve trained. His will to win was his biggest asset.”
- A son of two-time champion French sire, Ganymede.
- Carries an attractive balance of the outcross of European blood combined with proven North American sire lines.
- Being from the Speedy Crown sire line, ideally suited to many NZ trotting mares.
- The only stallion ever to win a Group 1 in Europe and then repeat the feat in the southern hemisphere.
- His first progeny are really impressing their trainers.